Single Girder Underslung Crane
To install an underslung cranes, the roof structure must have the ability to withstand the weight that imposed by the underslung cranes itself and the load. So, before you make the final decision to purchase an single girder underslung cranes, you need to consult with our engineers to make sure that every detail is considered in order to avoid any convenience.
Simply attached to the existing roof structure, this special kind cranes eliminate the need for runway support columns. This way, the entire building floor area is available for production. Peripheral areas of the workshop can be served by using the girder overhangs to extend the travel range of the hoist trolley beyond the runways. Optional latching devices make it possible to transfer the hoist trolley from the crane girder to a branch track and back without having to deposit the load.
Benefits and Features
- Consistent quality with overhead traveling crane benefits
- End truck of optimized structural design
- Rigid beam girders or welded box girders for optimum load distribution
- Loads can be handled immediately adjacent to the building wall by means of girder ends tailored to the application requirements
Top Running vs. Under Running
- Support structure: Under running cranes can be suspended directly from the roof structure or other overhead beam. Top running cranes need independent columns to support the end trucks and the bridge beam.
- Capacity: As underslung cranes are suspended from the roof structure, they are available only on lighter capacities, usually less than 10 tons. The capacities of top running overhead cranes are much larger. The safe working load of top running cranes can even up to 550 t.
- Configuration: Because of the light capacity, underslung cranes usually adopt the single girder configuration, although double girder under running crane is also available in some special cases. But the top running overhead crane equipped with double girder is more frequent.
- Utilization of space. Something unique to under running cranes is their ability to make full use of the available height and the tight space. They can ensure efficient material handling even in plant where very little space is available.