In the material handling sector, work is often in full speed and one requires the best equipment to make movement of goods and materials easy. A mobile gantry crane is known to provide great support for such tasks, which explains its popularity in this sector. This crane offers the same functionality as that of an overhead crane. However, in this type of crane, the bridge that holds the trolley does not have an overhead support. Instead, it is supported at the base. Based on the requirements, these cranes can either be manually operated or powered with a battery.
The greatest advantage of investing in a portable crane is that it can be used at different locations on your site or facility. It’s essentially a one-time investment that will give you returns in the long run. Of course, there are certain cases in which fixed gantry cranes offer better utility. Either ways, the underlining factor here is that cranes help your workers save time and energy. They also mitigate the risk of injury and fatigue.
Mobile gantry crane features
Additionally, a mobile gantry crane can be disassembled or reassembled which means that you can easily store it away when not in use. This feature also makes it easy to transport from one location to another. It can be reassembled in a couple of minutes by your workers. So you don’t need to call in the professionals every time. It’s your instant workstation that moves as you need it.
Let’s take a look at some of the typical attributes of a mobile gantry crane :
- It can be used for picking, moving and placing objects that weigh anywhere between 500 lbs to 10000 lbs that have a 16 feet span and a height of up to 20 feet.
- This device is simple and dependable. The best part is, it’s highly economical considering the amount of work you can do with it.
- If you have been looking for a crane that can be used for operations such as repair, service and assembling, you can zero in on this option.
- When it is not in use or if you need to transport this crane, it easily knocks down. It can be reassembled in an equally easy manner when you need to use it. This translates into significant space savings, especially in warehouses or workstations where space comes at a premium.
- There are some manufacturers who offer cranes that can be reassembled in less than 15 minutes. Such firms also manufacture other material handling equipment such as a wide Portable crane variety.
A final word of advice would be to invest in a mobile gantry crane whose height can be adjusted. This will help you handle different types of materials.